Class II Sensor Array (PL 6)
This array incorporates hi-res video, infrared and electromagnetic sensors, and ladar detection units. (The ladar uses low-powered laser beams to locate targets.) As a move action, a Class II sensor array can perform any one of the following functions with a successful Computer Use check (DC 15):
- Ascertain the location, type (ultralight, light, and so on), and subtype (fighter, destroyer, and so on) of all visible ships on the battlefield.
- Identify and ascertain the location of all visible hazards on the battlefield (such as asteroids and mines).
- Identify all PL 5 or PL 6 weapons on a specific ship (number and type of weapons present), including their organization into batteries (but not fire links).
- Ascertain the presence of any or all of the following systems on a specific ship: grapplers, magnetic field, point-defense system.
- Identify a specific ship’s armor type (PL 5 and PL 6 armor types only).
- Analyze the chemical composition of a planet’s atmosphere (the ship must be orbiting the planet).
Purchase DC: 27.