Class VIII Sensor Array (PL 9)
This array is an amplified version of the Class VI sensor array.
As a move action, a Class VIII sensor array can perform any one of the following functions with a successful Computer Use check (DC 15):
- Ascertain the location, type (ultralight, light, and so on), subtype (fighter, destroyer, and so on), and mass of all ships in the star system.
- Identify and ascertain the location and trajectories of all hazards in the star system (such as asteroids and mines).
- Determine a specific ship’s design specs (engines, defensive systems, sensor systems, communication systems, and weapons, including fire-linked weapons and batteries).
- Detect the presence and exact location of ships and mines equipped with cloaking screens, and negate the effects of stealth screens, displacers, and cloaking screens.
- Determine the number, type, and species of life forms aboard a specific ship (“type” refers to the creature type).
- Analyze the chemical composition of a planet’s atmosphere (the ship must be in the same system as the planet).
- Determine the number, type, and species of life forms on a planet’s surface (the ship must be orbiting the planet, and “type” refers to the creature type).
- Analyze and chart the topography of a planet’s surface (the ship must be orbiting the planet).
- Determine a planet’s prevailing meteorological conditions and weather patterns (the ship must be in the same system as the planet).
Purchase DC: 45.